Home Forums Horror Movies Classic Horror Movies Has Real Horror Lost its Way?

last updated by Bawon 1 year, 7 months ago
5 voices
4 replies
  • Author
    Dan S
    Participant

I don’t mean in the entirety, but a lot of recent horror movies seem to be trying too hard. I miss the days when the stories were solid and the scares were real. Atmosphere is everything in this genre.

Alicia
    Participant

In a way. I think the Japanese and Korean producers need to offer up more titles to even it out. Those are at least slightly scary, usually. Come Play was pretty decent though, to be fair.

Arnold Layne
    Participant

To a point I also agree. That being said, there are still a few recent movies that give us a little hope like Don’t Breath, Gretel and Hansel and Possessor. Don’t lose all faith just yet.

Mysteryamber
    Participant

What has happened is that gore has taken the place of proper suspense. We have such great technology that allows us to make realistic killings without harming a soul. But sometimes we don’t need to see all that to feel the horror of it.

Bawon
    Participant

Yeah, I don’t really think that they have been up to the standard that they used to be. Everything has been watered down for a while now. It’s as if they are only focused on graphics improvement and not storyline development.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Please enter your username or email address. You will receive a link to create a new password via email.