Notifications
Clear all

What do we Think of Remakes?

9 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@fear)
Topic starter

I've seen a lot of classics remade in the last few years. Carrie is a classic example on why I feel some of the old treasures should be left well alone.

Posted : 01/03/2021 1:26 pm
(@hard2scare)

In some cases, they should definitely have quit while they were ahead (Child's Play comes first to mind - after the 3rd). That being said, it's always nice to see childhood horror icons refreshed an modernized....sometimes.

Posted : 03/03/2021 2:40 pm
(@arachnia)

I'd like them a lot more if they actually released some decent remakes. 2021 kind of looks like it's the year of the reboot. I'm both hoeful and apprehensive about what's going to happen to our favorite films of yesteryear.

Posted : 03/03/2021 3:04 pm
Mysteryamber
(@mysteryamber)
Trusted Member

I don't see the point of remakes because none have been any good. Carrie wasn't any better than the first even though the special effects were more advanced. I saw that Firestarter was remade but haven't heard anything about it, so it must have failed too.

Posted : 08/09/2022 9:13 pm
(@nazzy)
Eminent Member

Posted by: @mysteryamber

I don't see the point of remakes because none have been any good. Carrie wasn't any better than the first even though the special effects were more advanced. I saw that Firestarter was remade but haven't heard anything about it, so it must have failed too.

You're very correct about most remakes not making sense at all. I have watched Firestarter and I wasn't impressed with what they acted in the movie.

Posted : 12/10/2022 3:14 pm
(@phabbyfundz)
Trusted Member

I haven't seen any classical horror movie remake before, though I know I have seen quite a good number of classical horror movies in the past.

Posted : 10/11/2022 2:10 pm
Mimi
 Mimi
(@mimi)
Eminent Member

As long as they put their backs in it when producing the remakes, it's something that I welcome very well. 

But if it's something that they are only willing to rush and have butchered, it's definitely not going to interest me at all. 

Posted : 15/12/2022 4:13 pm
(@shortie)
Trusted Member

I haven't watched too many remakes if I am honest but from what I have watched that has been a remake I really feel they should have left it alone. One I watched was Carrie which was a remake and I really feel they should have just left that one alone and let it just be the original and not even bothered with a remake. The problem with remakes is that they tone them down so much now that it ruins it if you have seen the original. 

Posted : 22/12/2022 9:40 pm
 Jega
(@jega)
Trusted Member

Remakes are good. When they put their backs into it, it's going to be like a whole new horror movie sprung out from an old classic. It's like what they did with Evil Dead. 

Posted : 16/06/2023 1:57 pm
Share:

Lost Password

Please enter your username or email address. You will receive a link to create a new password via email.