Very difficult to apologise?

12 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
 Zuby
(@zuby)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Have you ever been in a relationship with someone who finds it very difficult to apologise when they wronged you? It's a silly attitude in my opinion because I don't know what's difficult in saying I'm sorry for doing something wrong. 

Posted : 26/10/2022 10:23 pm
 Jega
(@jega)
Trusted Member

I have been in such a relationship in the past and most of the time, it's always very difficult to deal with. It gets to a point where it makes the relationship a toxic environment to be in. 

Posted : 29/10/2022 9:05 am
(@phabbyfundz)
Trusted Member

I really like to be at peace with everyone but in times when I know the other party is wrong and they have refused to admit to their mistakes I just avoid them and move on so I don't keep bearing the grudge because that's a good way to spoil my day if I keep waiting for them to apologise.

Posted : 03/11/2022 10:38 am
 Zuby
(@zuby)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Posted by: @phabbyfundz

I really like to be at peace with everyone but in times when I know the other party is wrong and they have refused to admit to their mistakes I just avoid them and move on so I don't keep bearing the grudge because that's a good way to spoil my day if I keep waiting for them to apologise.

If it happens to be your partner that is built that way, what choices do you have? I have a friend who told me that her husband can never say sorry but will buy gifts for her when he wronged her.

Posted : 03/11/2022 1:40 pm
(@phabbyfundz)
Trusted Member

@zuby before getting married I should have known how my partner is to an extent and if I find out earlier that she doesn't apologise and isn't willing to make any changes to that I wouldn't even bother about getting married to such a person.

Posted : 14/11/2022 6:19 am
Dori
 Dori
(@dori)
Trusted Member

I haven't had the misfortune of being in a relationship with such kind of a horrible human being all in the name of a lady. I will end the relationship as quickly as possible once I found out. 

Posted : 06/12/2022 9:38 pm
Mimi
 Mimi
(@mimi)
Eminent Member

I don't have any problems with saying that I'm very sorry when I'm in the wrong and probably hurt someone that's close to me or even not close to me. 

It's one of the things my woman love so much about me. I'm willing to say sorry to have peace of mind in the house. 

Posted : 03/01/2023 9:04 pm
(@shortie)
Trusted Member

Yes, my previous relationship which ended up being a mentally abusive relationship was one where he would never say sorry for something he was wrong for. He would always find excuses as to why it was someone else's fault and why he would not need to apologize even though it was quite clear he was in the wrong. I am no longer in that relationship anymore now though and I am in a new one this one, neither of us finds it hard to say sorry when we know we are in the wrong and I like that in a relationship. 

Posted : 12/01/2023 5:20 pm
(@asaba)
Eminent Member

I'm the kind of guy that doesn't take any kind of trash in my relationship. If you don't know how to say I'm sorry please forgive me when it's obvious that you were wrong, I'm not going to be in that relationship. I will end it. 

Posted : 01/02/2023 6:59 pm
(@bawon)
Eminent Member

Some years ago, I find it very difficult to apologise whenever I'm wrong. I was so full of myself back then. But after my near death experience, I realized that I need to change my ways. Now, saying that I'm sorry please forgive me is very easy for me. 

Posted : 21/04/2023 9:59 pm
 Tony
(@tony)
Eminent Member

Saying I'm sorry is one of the easiest thing for me to say to anyone I have done something wrong to. I don't get why some people find it very difficult to say? Could it be because of their ego? 

Posted : 29/05/2023 1:02 pm
 Jega
(@jega)
Trusted Member

I don't understand the reason why saying sorry and apologising is very difficult for some people even when it is very obvious they are the ones that wronged you.

I don't like having anything to do with such kind of people because they will always make you to be depressed. 

Posted : 24/11/2023 5:01 pm
Share:

Lost Password

Please enter your username or email address. You will receive a link to create a new password via email.