Clear all

How do you control your anger?

11 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
(@edwincoops)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

I'm ashamed to say, that I myself struggle to keep calm when arguing with someone and getting my point across.
This is something I really want to learn.

Posted : 28/03/2021 4:01 pm
Mysteryamber
(@mysteryamber)
Trusted Member

I don't have much of a temper, but I think learning to walk away to gather yourself is better than releasing the anger. A change of room or even fresh air can help. Sometimes it isn't worth getting angry and you should ask whether you would be angry about it in a week if it came up again? Most likely, no.

Posted : 08/09/2022 9:32 pm
(@nazzy)
Eminent Member

Whenever I am angry I try as much as possible not to talk because whenever I do that I tend to say so many things that I'm not supposed to say which is very wrong. I usually have myself isolated until my anger has passed before I will start associating with people. 

Posted : 09/10/2022 12:32 pm
 Jega
(@jega)
Trusted Member

I don't know how to control my anger because I'm very hot tempered. I just try as much as possible not to get angry because whenever I do, it doesn't look good. 

Posted : 11/10/2022 7:24 pm
 Zuby
(@zuby)
Trusted Member

Taking a long walk to clear my head is one of the best ways to control my anger. Anger is a very bad thing which needs to be taken seriously in controlling it. I also play video games to push in my anger on it. 

Posted : 08/11/2022 4:12 pm
(@phabbyfundz)
Trusted Member

If I have a right to be angry at the moment I just let it out and tell the other person what they did to make we angry so they could apologise for it and I can immediately forget about it.

But in other cases I just walk away from the whole scenario.

Posted : 12/11/2022 5:03 am
Mimi
 Mimi
(@mimi)
Eminent Member

Posted by: @phabbyfundz

If I have a right to be angry at the moment I just let it out and tell the other person what they did to make we angry so they could apologise for it and I can immediately forget about it.

But in other cases I just walk away from the whole scenario.

It's always very painful and frustrating when you're dealing with people who are so stubborn that they won't accept their mistakes and not to talk about apologising for it. 

Just like you pointed out, it's best to walk away from them in order to avoid further damage to yourself and feelings. 

Posted : 07/12/2022 8:36 pm
 Igba
(@igba)
Trusted Member

I have a very serious anger management issues. It's why I try as much as possible not to get angry always because it never ends well for me. It even affects my peace of mind and mental state. 

Posted : 14/12/2022 11:36 am
 Tony
(@tony)
Eminent Member

I always believe that the best way for you to handle your anger is to tackle whatever that is causing you to be angry and get it sorted out. This is because that is the easiest way for you to fix your being angry instead of keeping quiet. 

Posted : 18/04/2023 4:25 pm
(@shiek)
Eminent Member

Whenever I am angry, I usually isolate myself from every other person because I am very erratic when it comes to being pissed off.

This is why I can't afford to be around others whenever I am angry because I might do some things that will not go down well with most people. 

Posted : 30/10/2023 2:41 pm
 Tony
(@tony)
Eminent Member

Posted by: @shiek

Whenever I am angry, I usually isolate myself from every other person because I am very erratic when it comes to being pissed off.

This is why I can't afford to be around others whenever I am angry because I might do some things that will not go down well with most people. 

If you can have the patience of camping down until your anger subsidise, it is a very good way for you to manage your anger but most people find it very challenging to do that which is why they always react whenever they are angry. 

Posted : 23/03/2024 3:46 pm
Share:

Lost Password

Please enter your username or email address. You will receive a link to create a new password via email.